Welcome to the 5781 CBS Religious School year!!
By working together (parents, teachers, and students), we hope to make our CBS Religious School a fun, vibrant, and exciting place, where our children come each week to learn, grow, and make beautiful Jewish memories that will last them a lifetime. Should you ever have any questions or concerns, I am available to speak with you. Feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org I wish you and all your loved ones a sweet new year filled with health, happiness, and success in all that you do!
Contact us for the school hours.
Our Vision of Jewish Education at Congregation Beth Shalom
CBS Religious School is a place for students to learn and experience Judaism in a comfortable, friendly, welcoming environment. A place to find new friends and ask lots of questions. A place where students will learn not just the fundamentals of Judaism, but become both proud and confident of their Jewish heritage. Goals/objectives for our religious school program are:
- To create a warm, inviting, and inclusive Kehillah Kedoshah (sacred community) within the larger context of CBS that welcomes in every Jew from diverse walks of life and creates a warm Jewish community for our children within the greater Bryan-College Station area.
- To educate our children in the customs, practices, and rituals of Judaism in order to enable them to make it relevant in their daily lives, and instilling within them and their families a lifelong commitment to Jewish learning.
- To positively nourish the growing Jewish identities of our children.
- To encourage students to perform Mitzvot (commandments/good deeds) and G’milut Hasadim (acts of loving kindness) and integrate them into their daily lives.
- To celebrate Shabbat, Jewish holidays, and learn the history and roots of the Jewish people.
- To become acquainted and comfortable with Jewish life cycle events.
- To learn the Hebrew alphabet and read, comprehend, and write in Hebrew as well as gain the ability to navigate and master the Jewish prayer book.
Preparing for B’nei Mitzvah
All students wishing to have a B’nei Mitzvah at Congregation Beth Shalom are required to attend religious school, services, and to perform volunteer work. The exact guidelines and detailed information can be found in the B’nei Mitzvah Handbook. (This will be provided to all families entering 5th grade, but let us know if you’d like to receive a copy at any time.)
- Registration form is here.
- Calendar: Contact us for our Religious School dates.