Welcome to the CBS Religious School !!
Pending update by our new RS Director, Leonard.
By working together (parents, teachers, and students), we hope to make our CBS Religious School a fun, vibrant, and exciting place, where our children come each week to learn, grow, and make beautiful Jewish memories that will last them a lifetime. Should you ever have any questions or concerns, I am available to speak with you. Feel free to reach me at email@example.com. I wish you and all your loved ones a sweet new year filled with health, happiness, and success in all that you do!
Contact us for the school hours.
Our Vision of Jewish Education at Congregation Beth Shalom
CBS Religious School is a place for students to learn and experience Judaism in a comfortable, friendly, welcoming environment. A place to find new friends and ask lots of questions. A place where students will learn not just the fundamentals of Judaism, but become both proud and confident of their Jewish heritage. Goals/objectives for our religious school program are:
- Create a warm, inviting, and inclusive kehilah kedoshah (sacred community) within the larger context of CBS
- Educate our children in the customs, practices, and rituals of Judaism
- Nourish the growing Jewish identities of our children
- Encourage students to perform mitzvot (commandments/good deeds) and g’milut chasadim (acts of loving kindness)
- Celebrate Shabbat and Jewish holidays, history, and culture
- Become acquainted and comfortable with Jewish lifecycle events
- Learn the Hebrew alphabet, reading and writing, and prayer book comprehension
Preparing for B’nei Mitzvah
All students wishing to have a B’nei Mitzvah at Congregation Beth Shalom are required to attend the religious school, Shabbat Services, and to perform volunteer work. The exact guidelines and detailed information can be found in the B’nei Mitzvah Handbook. (This will be provided to all families entering 5th grade, but let us know if you’d like to receive a copy at any time.)